Stress is harmful to one’s mental as well as physical health. It is a reaction to any event and thought, which makes people feel frustrated, nervous, or angry. Sometimes, it may be positive when stress lasts for a short period of time and is harmful to the body when it lasts for a longer period. People also used to do many activities to manage stress at its initial stages.
Kind of Stress
Mainly there are two types of stress. These are as follows:
- Acute stress: It lasted for a short period and was treated very soon. Most people are suffering from this type of stress. It can occur due to many things like heartbreak, fight with the friend or partner, etc. can cause stress.
- Chronic stress: It lasts for a longer period, causing harm to health physically or mentally. It can occur due to many reasons like an unhappy marriage, money problems, or some trouble at work, etc. It will lead to much health.
Causes of Stress
There are many aspects due to which people may face mental stress in their daily life. These reasons may include the following:
- Major changes in life
- Issues in work or school life
- Difficulties in relationships
- Financial issues
- Family and children
- Unable to accept uncertainty
- Lack of flexibility
- Negative thoughts
- Unfulfilled expectations/perfectionism
- All-or-nothing attitude
Symptoms of stress
The symptoms of stress are very common, but sometimes they may not understand the person at its initial states. The common signs or symptoms of stress are as follow:
- Unable to concentrate
- Constant worrying
- Negative thoughts
- Lack of judgments
- Mood swings
- Overwhelmed feelings
- Feeling of loneliness
- Mental or physical health issues
- Pains or Aches
- Rapid heart rate
Healing Stones for Stress
Generally, people use crystals to manage stress similarly, like crystals used to treat many diseases or medical conditions. Various crystals are recommended by many crystal healers to treat, manage the stress. Following crystals which are used for stress:
- Labradorite: It is an amazing healing gemstone used to heal or treat many diseases and health issues. It also helps in calming the overactive mind and improves the imagination and helps develop new ideas. It also stimulates mental acuity, releasing unwanted anxiety or stress.
- Amethyst: It is a beautiful crystal with lots of healing properties in it. It is used to strengthen the immune system and calm the pain. It also helps in relieving insomnia and reduces stress or strain, calming mood swings or anxiety, which are common signs of stress.
- Onyx: This is a stone for strength. It encourages good fortune or happiness. People use strength to bear any trauma or hard time, which ultimately causes stress or depression.
- Peridot: Peridot is a green-colored vibrant gemstone that helps in neutralizing all kinds of toxins present in the body. It balances moods like jealousy, anger, bitterness, greed, irritation, etc. It helps in reducing stress, guilt, or anger. It also boosts confidence and motivates growth and change.
- Sunstone: For many years, sunstone is always linked with good fortune or luck. It also energizes all the chakras. It has self-healing properties that help the wearer in increasing their self-worth as well as confidence.
All these stones are being used or recommended by many crystal healers to manage or control stress, anxiety, and depression. These are also used in treating many other issues or health problems that arise due to stress.