How to use Baking Soda for Cleaning Sterling Silver Jewelry
December 29, 2015
Over the time, everything on this earth loses its gleam and shine. Same is with the sterling silver jewelry. With the time, it too starts losing its luster. But this doesn’t mean that it will lose it forever.
As there are many ways that you may try to make your sterling silver jewelry happy again with its dazzling sheen and patina. So, you don’t have to worry about the going gloss of your jewelry. Just follow some steps that may lead you towards your gleaming jewels.
Here we will discuss an inexpensive and prime household tip for cleaning the silver jewelry.
One important thing of which you should take care is the quality of baking soda. You should avoid the baking soda that contains various pieces of stones like of pearls, rubies, diamond and other delicate gems as these may cause damage to your jewelry items. Just follow following some steps carefully.
List of Things Required
Things you will need are listed below:
- Saucepan or any other pan or pot
- An aluminum foil
- About one teaspoon of baking soda
- One teaspoon of table salt
- Two Soft Cloth
Steps to Follow
Let’s get started and try all the steps:
- First of all, you will have to layer up the saucepan with the aluminum foil.
- Now, add water to the pan of about three inches.
- Next, pour the baking soda we took i.e. about one teaspoon and too add the table salt into the water.
- Stir the water gently with the help of a spoon.
- Now, put the pan on your stove and let the water boil.
- Put your sterling silver jewelry in the boiled water and leave it for about two minutes.
- The silver in the pan should get covered wholly with the water, just make it sure.
- Next, with the help of the forceps pull out the silver jewelry from the pan of water.
- Now it’s the time to let your jewels bathe under the cold tap water.
- Lay them flat on a soft piece of cloth.
- Take another soft cloth to make the jewels pat dry.
Now, just witness your sterling silver jewelry pieces. You will be astonished to observe the comeback gleam of your jewels. Simply shining and sparkling again. You will love to see your jewels happy again. There are other methods too to clean the jewelry made with sterling silver but this the best and easiest among all. So, try it and make your jewels glow again